Friday, August 31, 2012

Ali ~ One Year Old

My baby Ali turns 1 tomorrow. I can't believe it. You always here people say "they grow like weeds," "it goes by so fast," etc. I used to turn up my nose and groan, ya whatever. But ITS TRUE! 
A year ago today I went to my last doctors appointment and then had my last real mean for 3 days. I chose Antone's because what real Houstonian wouldn't? The next day I would lay around for hours and wait for her arrival. I was lucky enough to have a pretty good labor. I went 4 hours on pitocin and no pain medication. I give those mothers props who can do it a la natural. Its hard! Once I got the epidural, I can remember most of the rest of the day, but not much before that except for pain. Finally my doctor decided to do a C-section because Ali's heart rate was starting to drop with every contraction. 45 minutes later there she was. She was beautiful. She was covered in goo and crying and I was the happiest I could ever remember.
Happy birthday Ali! Thank you for coming into my life. Mommy and Daddy love you!






3 comments: