Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Austins - A Cross Country Trip

My hubby and departed Glendale, California at 4:30 pm on Wednesday, September 23rd. We said goodbye to our neighbors and friends and buckled our seat belts and sat in silence for the first hour. We choose to move back to Houston, Texas to better our lives in buying a house and starting a family at some point. Those things are almost impossible in California. We love our California family and miss them everyday. When ever I see a picture from there it takes me way back and I feel a little home sick.
Houston in the first month has been amazing. For the first time in my life I can say, "I love my job!" Hubby also obtained a dream job doing the same thing that he was doing in California, about 10 minutes down the road. We are truly happy, blessed and exciting about what is next to come.
Here is our trip documented view Sony Cyber-shot. I think I'll call her Sonny. If you've never made a car trip at least half way across the country, you should, America is beautiful!

The last supper with our neighbors.
Family photo at Kim's.
Packed up house.
...so empty...
Sam helping the movers carry out boxes.
Semi packed truck.
Empty house.
Somewhere around Palm Springs. Thermometer was around 110 degrees.
Pulling into Tucson at night to sleep
Waking up early in the morning with Audrey freaking out. We had to sneak her into the Holiday Inn Express. Joy!
Drugged up cat
Not even close
Have YOU seen the Thing?
We are about to experience the legend of, The Thing.
Almost there...
...not it...
Sorry! You'll have to go to Texas Canyon, Arizona to see it for yourself.
Sam driving...
...driving by a train...
...driving by a road runner? WTH is that?
Yay! We made it to Texas!
Isn't she beautiful?
The horizon was so flat that I passed out, here I am waking up after the sun went down. Weird feeling.
Nom, nom, nom. Sonic is so much more accessible now. Nom!
First stop, Funky Town. Aka: Fort Worth, Texas.
Fort Worth as seen from the Amon Carter Museum.
Remington painting at the Amon Carter
Weirdest George Washington painting ever, also at the Amon Carter.
Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth. Love this sculpture.
Stairway to heaven, maybe.
Then off to visit my best friend Jenny and her baby Price. Bath time!
Brusha, brusha, brusha!
Danielle, me and Jenny. Bestest chicks ever!
Fatass, Audrey.
This is the last time I saw my fur baby, Audrey. I was so sad and she looks scared out of her mind! I have never seen that face before.
Texas State Penatentary located in Hunstville, Texas.
Sam Houston statue by David Adix.
Yay! We made it to HOUSTON!
Galleria area in Houston.
The Honda made it. Ain't she pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment